Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wyoming B E A U T I F U L

Made it to Wyoming yesterday, what a beautiful place. Passed through Cheyenne the 3rd state capitol this trip. I had hotel reservations in Rock Springs,WY but the ride in from Denver was much quicker than I anticipated. The hotel let me cancel so I proceeded north on to Jackson Hole. The weather?? As I headed north I hit several flurries of snow, ice and rain not a lot of fun.In between the flurries I saw hundreds of Prohorns(antelope like) in the valleys. Safe and sound in Jackson I checked into the Pony Express Motel(Yes Motel) old but nice and clean. Jackson is a cute little town of shops, resturantes and small hotel/motels. I got up the next morning traveled to Gran Teton National Forest for a hike. Two miles outside of Jackson Bison are grazing next to the road. Most of the Park is covered in snow pack and I find out at the Ranger station that all the hiking and biking trails are covered in snow. All of them and of course more snow is forcast the 5 days. I did hike a bit on the snow following a trail others had but not to far.I ran up on a female moose feeding in a stream. Drove through the park saw more wildlife Bison and more Moose right by the road. I was going to try to pet one but nobody was there to get me on Americas Funnies Video or When Vacations Attack. I think my brother in-law CE called it a "Watch this" momment. Returned to reality and did laundry in the afternoon, needed some clean clothes after 12 days.








Tomorrow Staci flies in. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment