Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Mile High City

Made it to Denver Sunday morning checked into my hotel a Marriott, got a great deal on Priceline first time to try it worked. I jumped on the lite-rail system took it to Coors Field downtown Denver for a 1PM game. It's still cold and cloudy, I guess it came with me from Santa,FE. The stadium is open air and was great site lines from every seat. Open air all the time like baseball was made to be played(the same for football).  The San Diego Padres beat the Rockies 8-2. Downtown Denver is really revitalizing with lots of new condos, restaurants, a mile long mall as well as refurbished old buildings. Monday I played 2 disc golf courses 18 holes each and scored 1 under for the day. The second course Johnny Roberts Memorial was built in 1978 and is called the "Granddaddy" one of the first courses built. Somehow I found the energy to take my bike to Cherry Creek State Park 2 miles from my hotel and rode 18 miles of paved trails. It was a GOOOD day!



Next stop Rock Springs, Wyoming
More pictures click this link http://timmytoyota.smugmug.com/

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that you liked Denver. I hear it is a great city.

    ReplyDelete