Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Across the pond to "The Red State"

Monday 6:30 PM leave IAH for St. Petersburg Russia to assist my sister Rachelle with bringing home her newly adopted son Tennyson. First stop Frankfurt, Germany after a ten hour flight longest for me. Thank you ambien slept on and off for most of th flight. Rachelle is a frequent traveler and had axcess to the presidential club which was very nice, serve yourself food and liquior(passed on the booze). Next a 2 and a half hour flight arriving in St. Petersburg at 7PM Tuesday. Picked up by adoption driver and she dropped us at our hotel then we had dinner at the hotel. I tried Beef Strouganaf as Russia is supposed to be where it was created, it was good but not great. Rachelle hit the sack and I went for a long walk down to river and walked about 4 miles around hoping to get a little tired so I could sleep. As I walked around the Russian people were haging out and all of them smoking and drinking big beers(which I found out later many were mixed with hard liquor). The city from what I see is very dirty they trow there ciggaret buts on the ground along with there empty beer bottles. My mom told me they were proud of there city I don't see it!
Tomorrow I start the Palace and Cathedral march. I miss Amerca already!

1 comment: